Samsung SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor reviewOld Price:
New Price: $19.99 Check the price on Amazon
›› Read Reviews on Amazon
Other items by Samsung SmartThings
- We recommend placing the hub in an open area well away from other devices transmitting and receiving 2.4GHz signals (like WIFI routers). If the signal needs to penetrate walls or floors, we generally recommend sensors be placed within 30 ft of the hub, or that a device that can act like a ZigBee repeater (such as a SmartThings Outlet) be placed between the two devices to boost the range. Temperature - 32 to 104 degree F
- The versatile Multipurpose Sensor is an all-in-one sensor that can detect vibration, orientation and angle (tilt), temperature and when things open or close
- Monitor secure areas of your home and be alerted if a door, window, cabinet or drawer opens unexpectedly
- Get a reminder if you forgot to close your front door or garage door
- Know the temperature in any room or location
- Measurements (for combined sensor and magnet): 1.9 inches wide, 1.89 inches tall and 0.57 inches thick
- Additional Requirements: Samsung SmartThings Hub
- Range: 50-130 ft
- Communication Protocol: ZigBee. Refer to the Trouble Shooting Steps available below in product description.
The most versatile device in the Samsung SmartThings family, this sleek ZigBee device acts as a movement, vibration, orientation and temperature sensor all in one. The SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor can detect whether an object like a door or drawer is open or closed; sense when valuable or off-limits items have been moved or tampered with; offer temperature readings; and feel vibration. It requires the SmartThings Hub. SmartThings offers a one-year limited warranty on this product. TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS: > If your device doesn’t connect after removing the "Remove to Pair" tab, hold the “Connect” button while inserting the battery. > Release the button when the LED is lit. > The LED will blink blue while attempting to connect. > Then select “Connect New Device” in the SmartThings app.NOTE: Check User Manual in Technical Specification before use.